Sunday, May 26, 2013

We have been on the road (I74 to Bloomington, IL, I39 thru Madison, WI, I90/I94 north until they split, I94 thru St. Paul and followed to just east of Billings , I90 to our present location in Billings) for three long days to catch up on our original trip schedule. We've seen some of this territory before and some parts don't look much different from  the last part.   Have traveled approximately 1480 miles and now are sitting in a campground (CG) in Billings, MT.

Everything has gone very well.  Three fill-ups have averaged ???? mpg, 10.05mpg, and 11.64 mpg. Prices per gallon were $3.749 (pre-trip in Indy) $3.869 (St. Cloud, MN),  and $3.929 (Miles City, MT).   Have set the cruise control on 63-64 mph.  We are stopping briefly quite often so. . . .  if I'm driving, when we stop I can get up and go to the back of the motor home (MH) to do my exercises (doctor's orders).  If MAW is driving, I just get up and do the exercises.

We plan on a short drive tomorrow (230 + miles) to West Yellowstone, MT so we can start our 3 - 4 day visit of Yellowstone National Park.

No pictures with this post.  You've seen interstate highways with lots of cars on them before.  I think we might have some worth looking at when we get to Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment